I noticed that the version of Plex listed on the Amazon App Store was newer than the version on my Fire TV, so I deleted the app from my FTV and re-installed it. Voila! Version 184.108.40.2069! What is new in version 220.127.116.119?
- Hide “Sync Now” option from preplay screens in tablets
- Fix progress of sync’ed video items not being properly updated during playback
- Fix crash in widget when back pressed before player connected
- Fix problems during remote playback if play queue modified on the controller (for instance by deleting an item)
- Fix “repeat one” option in audio player
- Fix bug where sync didn’t work if app was started without network connectivity
- [TV] Fix for some texts getting cut in movie preplay screen
I didn’t notice any of these problems. What I did notice is that now I can continuously play episodes and movies. If I hit the Play button on my remote when the focus on in the right tile, the contents represented by the tile are added to a Playlist which plays continuously. Once the Playlist is created, I can navigate the list by pausing play, navigating to the rightmost icon (three rows of a dot and a dash), moving up and down the list and selecting an episode of movie. Here’s how…
Movies: On the front page, move focus to Movies in the MY LIBRARY section. The first movie in your library will begin to play. Click Pause, navigate to the rightmost icon (three rows of a dot and a dash), move up and down the list and select a movie.
TV Shows: Navigate to a season of a show you want to watch. Navigate to the triangular Play icon in the upper left corner of the screen and press the enter button (middle of the circle) on your remote. Click Pause, navigate to the rightmost icon (three rows of a dot and a dash), move up and down the list and select an episode.