Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
A lot of people are probably going to be streaming for the first time today. New streamers, new Netflix accounts, Free Prime trial memberships, The Interview, and…well…a lot of people are going to streaming today. If you have problems with buffering and dropped connections, try again tomorrow or next week before you return your new toy.
Here are some tips to make your Free TV merrier…
- Bypass Roku’s requirement to include a payment method when you create your account by using their secret no credit card required signup page: https://owner.roku.com/signup-nocc
- If you are having troubles with any of the new stick streamers (Roku, Fire TV, or Chromecast), use the wall wart to power the stick instead of relying on power provided by your television set. Install an extender between the stick and the TV’s HDMI port. Chromecast and FireTV sticks include a short extender. You can get a six foot extender (male/female hdmi cable) at Radio Shack or Walmart. Remember the antenna is in the stick, so moving it a little bit can dramatically improve reception. Try a different HDMI port or television.
- Start a seven day Hulu trial
- Start a Prime trial
- Get five free movies when you sign up for a free Vudu account: https://my.vudu.com/AccountSetup.html
- Get some free Amazon apps