Two weeks ago, Channel Master teased that last week was going to be a ‘good week’. Friday afternoon, CM added a couple videos to their Facebook page. The first showed Sling TV running on a DVR+. This is a big deal. While OTA-first cord cutters may not be particularly excited about a pay service on their no fee dvr, many do pay for Netflix, Prime, and Hulu. Of course, Channel Master is targeting people who are on the fence — those reluctant to cut their cord because they cannot miss a an episode of Game of Thrones or Mad Men, or because they wake and fall asleep to ESPN. For $35/month, Sling delivers ESPN, ESPN2, AMC, TNT, TBS, CNN, A&E, Lifetime, History, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Disney Channel, ABC Family, IFC, H2, El Rey Network, Maker, Galavision, and HBO.
For another $5/month, you can add special interest packages to your subscription…
- Sports: SEC Network, ESPNews, ESPNU, Universal Sports, Univision Deportes, beIN Sports, ESPN Buzzer Beater, ESPN Bases Loaded, ESPN Goal Line
- Kids: Disney Junior, Disney xd, Boomerang, Baby TV, Duck TV
- Hollywood: EPIX, EPIX2, EPIX3, EPIX Drive-In, Sundance TV
- World News: Bloomberg TV, HLN, Euro News, France 24, NDTV 24/7, News 18, Russia Today
- Lifestyle: truTV, Cooking Channel, DIY, WE tv, FYI, LMN
The second was another demo of Linear OTT. The quality of the video was poor, and the accompanying text did not clear things up, but it looks like the DVR+ is going to get some watchable content…
- Bloomberg TV
- ABCNews. com
- CBS News
- BIZ TV
- Hunt Channel
- FOODY TV
- Outdoor Cooking Channel
At CES, CM demo’d Linear TV featuring Bloomberg, Al Jazeera America, CNN World, WGN, NASA, BBC World News, Vevo TV, and QVC.
Let’s hope Channel Master delivers something soon.